The Event Management Apprenticeship Programme is a unique opportunity to take the first step into an exciting industry
TRAINING & SUPPORT
The training can be delivered by any training company that is accredited by the Government. They will deliver modules designed by leaders in the events industry – so you know it will be relevant. A coach will support you through the training programme and you will have the equivalent of 1 day per week off the job training delivered by the training company. You’ll also have a line manager and hopefully a “buddy” or “mentor” that will help and support you in the job itself at the company so you’ll benefit from structured teaching as well as on-the-job practical experience – a winning combination for an apprenticeship in events!
Want to know more about the training programme? Click here to find out what’s involved.
- Programme and qualificationkeyboard_arrow_down
The Event Assistant Apprenticeship is an 18 month programme that will provide you with the necessary knowledge and hands on experience to advance your career within the event industry.
The programme entails a blended learning approach including:
- an online platform with a learning management system
- face to face workshops
- in-work experience
- meeting to get support from a mentor
- two assessments (mid-point and end-point assessments)
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will have two formal assessments: the mid-point and the-end point assessment.
The mid-point assessment will take place on the 12th month of your apprenticeship and will include:
- an informal conversation to prepare for and evaluate the readiness of the end-point assessment
- share what you have learnt and how to take this knowledge forward
- define the next steps towards the end-point assessment
The end-point assessment will take place on the 18th month and will include:
- a review of your portfolio (all your coursework)
- a presentation of an event you worked on
- a professional discussion to test your knowledge and understanding of your portfolio
One of the benefits of an apprenticeship with us is that you get all the help you need throughout the programme. This involves:
- an online platform to support your learning
- monthly workshops to equip you with valuable skills
- one on one mentoring meetings, either online or face to face
- regular meetings with your manager
You will be surrounded by professionals who are passionate about the events industry. It will be a great opportunity to develop your skills, to keep track of the progress made while getting guidance from experts in their field.
- Typical job descriptionkeyboard_arrow_down
Agreed as per contract of employment.
To learn and support the Account Managers and Producers with the process of account and event management.
- To support to the Account Managers and Producers by communicating effectively and appropriately at all levels including internally / externally / written and face to face
- To liaise with suppliers on the phone, via email and in meetings
- Source suppliers, providing quotes and options to the Account Manager
- To raise Purchase Orders
- To operate various client hotlines – learn good telephone manner
- Handle delegate registration process using online systems by inputting registrations and assisting with general enquiries – via phone and email
- To provide onsite support at events
- Prepare kit for offsite jobs to define lists
- Book accommodation for crew
- Maintain and complete accurate documentation as required
- To assist will all reasonable requests from Account Managers/Department Managers & Director
This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- To work on multiple projects at one time
- To work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- To have good organizational skills
- To have a high attention to detail
- To show complete passion & commitment to achieving excellent results
- To have a ‘can do’ approach and attitude
- Be easily adaptable to change
- A willingness to work unsociable hours – including weekends
- Good ability functional skills with a working with MS Office if possible
- To have good administrative skills, work to tight deadlines, good communication skills, attention to detail and a methodical and logical approach
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas
Driving licence preferred and live within 1hr of the postcode